Welcome to the German Shepherd Rescue website!
We are located at 417 N Moss Street, Burbank, CA 91502 near Victory and Magnolia Blvd., and we’re open Saturdays and Sundays from 1-5pm.
Click the Available Dogs tab above to see pictures of our pups that are currently looking for their forever homes.
If you’re interested in meeting any of our dogs or starting the adoption process, please fill out the Adoption Application online so we have time to process it before you arrive at the kennel. We require an application to be filled out before we can bring out dogs to meet you.
As our dogs find homes, it makes room for new dogs to be rescued from city and county shelters. Please check back often to see if we have your new best friend.
We are also looking for new volunteers. Our organization is a non-profit and we are entirely staffed by volunteers so we need all the help we can get. If you or someone you know (or if you can spread the word through your social network) is interested in volunteering, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can stop by the kennel when we’re open to apply.
Strut Your Mutt
The German Shepherd Rescue is proud to participate in Best Friends Animal Society’s Strut Your Mutt! It’s all about saving lives one step at a time! Donate to help us reach our fundraising goal and support lifesaving programs for homeless pets around the country:
The following is a list of some everyday things that we need and use regularly. Any help that you can provide goes directly to taking care of the dogs and helping to get them into their forever homes. Thank you!
- Monetary donations – This is our most pressing need. We are a volunteer run rescue and every dollar goes directly to getting dogs out of city and county shelters, caring for them, vet visits, and medication. All it takes is one medical emergency to set us back, or a donation could provide us with the means to rescue a dog that requires medical attention or has special needs.
- Costco gift cards for food and supplies
- Canned food – We like Pedigree or Trader Joe’s. We mix it with the dry food so the dogs have a varied and mixed diet.
- Dry food – We use Costco Nature’s Domain brand dog food. It nutritious and balanced and a very good diet for dogs.
- Slip Collars – or commonly known as choke chains, the 18″ to 24″ sizes are best for GSDs. Yes they have big heads and thick necks! We use them for gentle corrections while walking and training the dogs and we send you home with one when you adopt.
- Dog Collars – Kwik Klip Adjustable Dog Collar – Large size in purple color. All of our dogs wear a purple collar and we send you home with one when you adopt.
- Leashes – Double Layer Dog Lead – 6 feet nylon in purple of course! All of our adoptees go home with a new leash as well!
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick – 55lbs. and up. We don’t want you bringing more pets home than you want!
- Dog Waste Bags – There’s a lot of pooping going on over here. When we walk the dogs we try to be good neighbors and citizens and always clean up after our pups. Used plastic grocery bags, plastic newspaper bags and the like will work as well and they’ll be getting a second use before being thrown out.
Please don’t forget to re-register your Ralph’s Card!
It expires every year on September 1st. Every time you shop at Ralph’s and use your Rewards Card they donate up to 4% of your purchase price to The German Shepherd Rescue! Just click on the link below to go to the Ralph’s Community Programs webpage. Under “Participant” at the bottom click on the orange button that says “Enroll Now” for instructions on how to sign up for the first time or re-register your card with GSRescue. Our organization number is “82517” and we are listed as “GERMAN SHEPHERD RESCUE/ORPHAN“. If your Ralph’s receipt doesn’t say “German Shepherd Rescue” on the very bottom then it’s time to renew.
Do you shop on Amazon.com? Amazon will give .5% of Amazon Smile purchases to GS Rescue if you sign up. To sign up visit http://smile.amazon.com Under pick your own charitable organization, search for German Shepherd Rescue Tehachapi.
German Shepherd Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
WE THANK THE PEDIGREE FOUNDATION FOR THEIR SUPPORT.
THE PEDIGREE FOUNDATION LOGO IS A TRADEMARK OF MARS, INCORPORATED AND IS USED WITH PERMISSION.
We would like to thank Trader Joe’s and Natural Balance for their continuous food donations.